Inadmissability Waivers

What Is an Inadmissibility Waiver?

If an immigration officer has told you that you are inadmissible to the United States, all is not lost. With our experienced immigration attorneys at you side, you can file for an inadmissibility waiver. We will sit down with you and your family and help you identify what kinds of hardships your permanent U.S. resident or citizen family member would experience if you cannot reside in the U.S. Also called a “hardship waiver,” this provision in the U.S. law allows the immigration authorities to consider the hardship your family member would experience if you were not allowed to live in the U.S., taking into consideration the psychological, physical, and financial aspects of your situation.

I-601 and 1-601A Hardship Waivers

If your inadmissibility arises from unlawful presence in the U.S., fraud or misrepresentation, or crimes of moral turpitude, you must apply for an I-601 or I-601-A hardship waiver. Since these situations involve breaking the U.S. law, obtaining these waivers can be a stressful, even intimidating process. You’ll need to not only prove that your family member would experience hardship, but you must also explain why the U.S. government should forgive you for the acts you committed. Depending on the act or acts you committed, the standard of hardship ranges from extreme to “extraordinary and extremely unusual.” However, our immigration attorneys have successfully steered our clients through these situations and will fight to overcome even these barriers to admissibility. Contact us today to arrange a consultation.
Schedule A Consultation

J-1 Inadmissibility Waivers

If you’ve been living in the U.S. on a J-1 visa as a researcher, teacher, student, cultural exchange participant, au pair, a government consultant, or through another endeavor that brought you to the States, you likely must return to your home country for two years before you can obtain a green card. However, if you have family who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents who need you to stay in the United States, you can apply for a J-1 inadmissibility waiver. Although the standard required to obtain the waiver is “exceptional,” our skilled immigration attorneys can look at your case to see whether your family’s needs meet that standard. If so, we will put together a rock-solid case that gives you the best chance of receiving a waiver. Get in touch with our legal team today.